Saturday, June 2, 2012

Where In The World Is Justyce 55?


Oh, come on!  Don't act like you never watched Carmen Sandiego.  She was BOSS!

Well once again I disappeared for a while, but I'm back!  I have not written in a very long time because i have been consumed by work, health, and home.  But I wanted to touch basis with my readers to let them know what the deal is.

First the good news...

It is confirmed that I CAN OVULATE!!!!!!!!  When the doctor told me this, you would have thought she told me I was pregnant.  She sent me for a series of blood tests to check my hormone and glucose levels.  I went on the 3rd, 21st, and 28th days of my cycle.  On the 21st day, I ovulated.  My doctor tells me that it is great news; however, I am not ovulating every month, which is the case for women with PCOS.  So unless I change my name to Ms. Cleo and develop a Ja-fake-an accent, I will not be able to predict which months I will ovulate and which months I won't.

But do not fret.  She did say this lets her know exactly where to go with this whole "infertility" thing. She prescribed Clomid (Clomiphene).  For those that do not know, this drug is used to induce ovulation for women who do not produce eggs regularly.  I take this on the 5th-9th days of my cycle, and hopefully by the 21st day I will ovulate again.  The question is, will my body naturally ovulate again on the 21st day, or will the Clomid force the ovulation on the 21st day?  Sometimes the drug can overstimulate the ovaries, and it can cause multiple eggs to be relased.  Multiple eggs means multiple births.  Twins can be conceived at a 10% rate.  And of course the rate is increased if somebody's husband (not naming any names) has twins on both paternal and maternal sides of his immediate family.

It's a scary thought...but if it happens, that means that all of the blessings that I have asked for, God is overflowing my cup.  So family members and friends get ready, because I'm dropping them off at your houses!!!!!






On another note, my glucose levels were fine (no diabetes!) and my prolactin levels are fine (get ready for boobie-feeding!).

So we are not totally out of the woods yet.  Still gotta keep on pushin' (for lack of a better phrase).  So if you prayed for me in the past...keep the party going.  So excited!  Thanks for reading.

ETJ

2 comments:

  1. I want 2 Neesahs and a Kia please :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just disappeared. I check back periodically to see if you've posted about your progress. I pray for your success with Clomid. I did 2 rounds near the end of last year, but was not successful. It was too much emotionally, so I decided to quit for a while. I will be seeing an endocrinologist at the end of the month. I just want some guidance. I have a friend who did one round of the Clomid and conceived. She just recently had baby #2, so I know there is hope out there. I think multiple births would be a plus. At least you won't have to worry about the ability to conceive in the future.

    ReplyDelete